Welcome to the Costco Pharmacy Drug Benefits Program
Costco vs Other PBMs
Low cost, Transparent fee-based pricing model
- Costco’s High volume facilitates lower costs
- The PMPM fee is our sole source of revenue.
- All rebates passed back to the plan.
- Any and all other source of revenue passed back to the plan.
- No spread (margin) added to our drugs. Acquisition cost based pricing.
||Broad Network- 65,000 Pharmacies + 550 Costco Locations
- Additional claim savings via higher utilization of lowest cost Costco pharmacies.
- Plan still retains control of network choice.
- Opportunity to integrate other Costco low cost alternatives such as vision, hearing and vaccinations.
- Clinical Services - Access to professional staff and confidential counseling rooms.
Note: Map marker locations are a rough approximation.
||Costco Specialty Pharmacy
- Costco lowest cost model
- Unique and creative solutions to high cost specialty drug issues.
- Maximum use of Specialty Drug coupons where appropriate.
- High touch model develops more opportunities for savings.
What people have to say...
“We’ve moved our PBM business a number of times searching for a solution to rising pharmacy benefit costs. We selected CHS because we viewed them as a partner in managing our pharmacy benefit program. Their fully transparent approach is real, our financial results validate it”
~ Director of Benefits, West Coast employer
“We are very thankful for COSTCO’s RX program and all the saving it has afforded our company. With the specialty savings added it has allowed us once again to offer stellar benefits to our employees. We have always known that COSTCO is a very reputable business but once again you have proven without a doubt you are the best! COSTCO RX delivered as promised”
~ HR Manager, Midwest employer
“This has been by far the easiest implementation from any of the other PBM’s we work with this year. Account/Implementation team very organized and proactive on communication with call notes. Looking forward to working with Costco Health Solutions”
~ Benefits broker